||George GAMBRILL |
- Gambroll, Gambrell, Grumsell, Gamboll,
- According to his Marriage License from 1678, he was 24, making the birth around 1654. There is no information to say that he was born in Nonington or who his parent are. 
||Nonington, Kent, England 
|According to marriage document |
||This is the end of my paternal line, not been able to find any further inforamtion or documentation.|
Exploring the possibility of a French connection (from Picardy/Nord-Pas-de-Calais??...)
History And Origin of GAMBRILL/Gambrell
1. English: unexplained; probably of French origin (see 2).
2. Respelling of French Gambrelle, a reduced form of Gambarelle, a nickname denoting someone with long legs, from a derivative of gambe, Norman and Picard form of jambe leg\'.
||Nov 1678 
|Bricklayer, according to Marriage License |
- Death before November 1693 because Elizabeths death record says she was widowed
- The "Kent, England, Tyler Index to Parish Registers, 1538-1874" (Listed on ancestry), is missing entries between 1681 - 1688 (see page 256 (of 276)). A reasonable assumption he would of died during this period if there are no other registers of his death.
||11 Dec 2020 |
||Elizabeth JOURDAN, b. 1654, Kent, England d. Nov 1693, Nonington, Kent, England (Age 39 years) |
||4 Nov 1678
||Canterbury, Kent, England 
- Marriage License: Gambroll of Jourdan
4th November 1678 ?? William Lombard , Chro Surro jr (court officer?/judge?) and George Upton (public notary?) ?. George Gamboll of Nonington in the Diocese of Canterbury, bricklayer and a bachelor aged 24 years and allougeth (alleges) that he intendeth to marry with Elizabeth Jourdan of the same spinster aged 24 years and he made oath that he knoweth of no lawful letter or impediment by reason of any precontract, consanguity, affinity or otherwise to hinder the same and dispense? license to be married in the Parish Church of St.Mildred and St.George the Martr respectively within the city of Canterbury.
?? William ?? June ?? City Canterbury Goldsmith in 200?
George Gamboll. 
|+||1. George GAMBRILL, c. 5 Oct 1682, Nonington, Kent, England bur. 8 Mar 1765, Nonington, St Mary the Virgin, Kent, England (Age ~ 82 years)|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||21 Dec 2020 |